The GTRI Master Technology Control Plan has been developed to control the dissemination of export controlled information and other controlled unclassified information used in GTRI projects. The TCP is to be used exclusively for projects with GTRI-only personnel and when there is no expectation of exporting data, technology, equipment, information, or materials to a foreign person, company or government.
The Project Director (PD) must notify the Office of General Counsel (OGC) in any of the following circumstances for any project subject to this TCP.
- Projects that allow access to technical information by non-US Persons;
- Projects that will export any export controlled items (including information or data) or provide services outside of the U.S. or to foreign persons
- International travel – including travel with an US Government Sponsor and/or situation when you are not providing export controlled information or technical data
- International shipping – including shipping to a US Military installation abroad
- Projects that will allow students (including US citizens) to use export controlled project information or data to complete a thesis or dissertation;
- Academic collaborations including interdivisional transfers – including efforts that are basic research