For resources and updates from the Office of Research Integrity Assurance related to the Coronavirus, visit: https://researchintegrity.gatech.edu/coronavirus.
The Office of Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) administers the Occupational Health Program for employees and students who may be exposed to health risks as part of their jobs or research activities. EHS conducts risk assessments within departments to identify potentially hazardous exposures and determine which job functions to monitor and which employees and students to enroll. Medical monitoring, testing services, and vaccinations are provided to enrolled individuals at no cost.
All IACUC protocol applications require EHS review. To facilitate the process, the PI should contact the appropriate offices below to discuss the use of hazardous agents.
- EHS Biological Safety: Infectious Agents, Biologics, or Biological Hazards (i.e., microorganisms, human source material, biological toxins, arthropods, plants, prions, mammalian cell lines, non-human primate material and/or fungi)
- EHS Lab and Chemical Safety and In vivo Agents: Hazardous Chemicals, Chemical Carcinogens and / or Nanomaterials
- Office of Radiation Safety: X-Ray, Radiation, or Radioactive Materials
- Institutional Biosafety Committee
- Research involving recombinant and/or synthetic nucleic acid molecules
- Research involving transgenic animals