Plan Provides Control Roadmap
GTRI has developed a Master Technology Control Plan to control the dissemination of export controlled information and other controlled unclassified information used in GTRI projects. The TCP is to be used exclusively for projects with GTRI-only personnel and when there is no expectation of exporting data, technology, equipment, information, or materials to a foreign person, company or government.
To use the Master TCP, sign the last page (Attachment A) and return it to Ray Kangas at GTRI.
The Master TCP cannot be used for projects that:
- Require the use of non-U.S. persons
- Require the use of students (including U.S. citizens) for thesis or dissertation
- Involve collaborative projects with main campus resident instruction facilities or labs (i.e., non-GTRI labs and participants)
Remember that all projects with TCPs require annual export control training for all personnel. This training requirement can be fulfilled in the following two ways:
- In-person training is required every two years. Here are instructions for registering. Out-of-state participants can contact export control staff to schedule a session.
- On-line refresher training may be used in alternate years when in-person training is not required.
For example, if you attended in-person training in 2015, you may take the on-line refresher training in 2016. In 2017, you would need to attend an in-person training session again. Of course, you are welcome to attend the in-person session each year if you prefer and may retake any additional training courses as often as you wish.