Checklist for Researchers
- Check the ITAR Munitions List and the EAR Commerce Control List to determine whether an item is controlled and therefore requires an export license.
- Complete the International Shipping Review form and return it to the ORIA export control staff for review and approval.
- Click here to see if a Material Transfer Agreement (MTA) is needed, and if so, complete the Outgoing Material Transfer Certification form and return it to email@example.com.
- When an international shipment is approved for export, you will be notified about the requirement for Electronic Export Infortmation (EEI) filing. This is necessary if an export license is required or if the export value exceeds $2,500. Always provide a copy of the EEI filing to the ORIA export control staff and to firstname.lastname@example.org. FedEx Trade Networks can assist with EEI filing. Our primary contact there is Patrick Moran (404.684.2233).
All chemical, biological, and dangerous goods shipments must be shipped via the
Office of Environment Health & Safety.
Georgia Tech uses FedEx Trade Networks for international imports. Our primary import contact is Evan Falconer (404.684.2214). Contact the appropriate Georgia Tech compliance office if an import involves research with:
- Human subjects
- Recombinant DNA (rDNA) and synthetic nucleic acid molecules
- Vertebrate animals
Contact the ORIA export control staff for help with these determinations.